Wilmington Race Weekend CANCELED FOR 2016:
Due to low turnout in recent years we will not be holding our road race weekend in 2016. Thank you to all those who did participate and especially to our volunteers and sponsors. We may be back in future years but need to take a step back and see whether the downward trend in road bike racing turns around.Team Placid Planet announces the first annual
Town Youth Park, Wilmington, New York, Sunday, May 31, 2015
**We need volunteers! Sign up here.**
NOTE: Reigning NY State Criterium Champions race free! Must wear champion's jersey. Contact promoter!
Course: From Wilmington Town Youth Park turn r. onto Springfield Rd. (neutral start), cross Rt. 86 onto Haselton Rd., down fast hill to r. on Bilhuber Rd. at 2 miles (caution!), up slight, twisting climb past finish line near Rt. 86, cross Rt. 86 again to Hardy Rd. at 2.8 miles, rolling to r. again on Springfield Rd. at 6.5 miles, back to start on slightly rolling terrain, 9 mile loop plus 3 miles to finish line on 1stlap. Race map available at http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/226583095 or see www.teamplacidplanet.org.
Registration/Entry Fees: $35 online pre-registration on www.BikeReg.com (closes Thursday, May 29, 10pm). $15 entry for Juniors (includes 1-day license if needed). All fields except Cat 5 Men’s, Cat 4 Women’s, and Juniors add $10 for race-day registration (7:30 AM-20 min. before each race). Cat 5 Men and Cat 4 Women without USAC or UCI annual license need a one-day license for extra $15.Canadians welcome but MUST HAVE UCI LICENSE AND I.D.!
· Organizer reserves the right to combine categories if minimum field of 15 is not met.
· The following categories will start together with separate scoring and prizes: 1) Jr Men 15-16 and 17-18; 2) Men’s 40+/50+; 3)Women’s Cat 3/4/Jr.15-18/Masters 40+/50+; 4)Boys and Girls Jr. 9-10, 11-12, & 13-14.
· Junior races are part of USA Cycling RDRS series (Road Development Race Series). Series points and medals awarded.
· All USAC rules apply. Approved helmets required. No aero bars or sleeveless shirts. No mt. bikes or straight bars except in Jr. 9-14 races. All Juniors’ (age 9-18) bikes need Jr. gear restrictions (ask promoter or officials before race if in doubt).
· Bring trainers for warmup: NO warmup on race course, & there’s no access from parking to roads on which to warm up!
· Wheels in–wheels out up to 8 sets of wheels, then neutral support.
Directions: From South/Albany (approx. 2 ½ hours): I-87 N to Exit 30. Left onto US Rt. 9. At ca. 3 mi. from exit stay left on NY State Rt. 73 toward Lake Placid. In Keene at 21.7 mi., bear right following State Rt. 9N toward Wilmington and Whiteface Mt. At 30.7 mi., in the village of Jay, left onto State Rt. 86 toward Wilmington. Be alert for State Police directing/stopping traffic where race course crosses Rt. 86. Once entering the village of Wilmington, look for event parking.
From North: I-87 S to exit 34, left onto 9N. In Ausable Forks at 10.6 mi. from exit, turn left to stay on 9N, then turn right to stay on 9N after .2 mi. In Jay at 16.3 mi., right onto Rt. 86 toward Wilmington. Be alert for State Police directing traffic where race course crosses Rt. 86. Once in Wilmington, look for event parking signs.
For more inclusive race information and lodging information, visit the team website at www.teamplacidplanet.org. Please email specific questions to Co-race director Jim Walker at email@example.com or call 518-637-6590